I’m on a mission to foster healing.
Hi, I’m Lynette Kim, mediator and collaborative attorney.
Compassion for my clients is important to me, and that’s why I’ve remained a family law practitioner for over 20 years — and still love what I do.
I’m keenly aware of the emotional toll divorce can have on you and your family. As you navigate the rough waters of transition, my team and I will help you find your balance. We’re here to support you in making the best decisions for your future.
Why did I choose mediation and collaborative divorce?
As a child, I didn’t realize what my parents’ unhappy relationship would mean for me in the long run. They divorced when I was 10 years old in South Korea, and if I didn’t know my father well at the time of the separation, it wasn’t long before the estrangement was completely solidified. After their divorce, my mom, older sister, and I immigrated to Southern California to join my aunts. My dad remained in South Korea, and I never saw him again.
Although I grew up without particularly missing my dad since we didn’t have a close relationship even before the divorce, the way my parents handled their divorce had a profound impact on how I viewed relationships as an adult and my ingrained perspective towards marriage.
How you manage your divorce will have an emotional and psychological effect on your kids. Even if they’re too young to process what’s going on, they will feel your conflict and carry it inside for years to come. Being able to parent together after your divorce is the greatest gift you can give to your children as they grow up and make decisions about their own personal lives.
I’ve seen the positive results again and again when couples embrace meditation or collaborative divorce. I’d be honored to share these practices with you and set your family on a healthy path.
My Promise to You
- As my client, I promise that you’ll have:
- Safe, supportive environment to speak your mind
- Complete understanding of your legal rights and options
- Access to experts for complex decisions
- Time and space to process information
- A transparent process
- Clarity on all service fees
Professional Education & Training
- Doctor of Law (JD) from Western State College of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, UC Berkeley
- Beginning & Advanced Mediation Training, Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)
- Basic Family Law Training, Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association (LACFLA)
- Advanced Mediation Training with Woody Mosten
- Mediation Training, Ken Cloke
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution Training, Gary Friedman